The Global Logistics Organization at Zebra is looking for a Global Logistics Intern to work in our corporate office in Lincolnshire, IL, supporting initiatives across the world.
The Global Logistics Intern will be responsible for supporting the Global Logistics Director and team, ranging from analysts to procurement managers, on a range of key projects and initiatives including development and implementation of a global dangerous goods training program and solution, deployment planning and of a global Transportation Management Solution, small package RFP events in Europe, and freight claims process optimization.
This internship will expose the student to the complex logistics management functions of a $4 billion dollar a year hi-tech company whose complex supply chain serves customers in over 100 counties.
- Independently drive logistics and transportation projects
- Support collaborative-approach logistics and transportation projects
- Develop analytical tools to evaluate logistics and transportation opportunities that may include cost savings, pricing proposals, consolidations, weight thresholds, routing compliance, etc
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive Dangerous Goods Policy covering Lithium Ion Batteries. Development work may include the creation of training documentation, pick-pack-ship process flow evaluation and optimization, systems integration work, and item attribution control development
- Support in RFP or other pricing events which may include negotiations, best in class benchmark research, and regional strategy creation
- Research as needed into logistics or transportation best practices
- Evaluate business processes to determine efficient opportunities
- Other tasks as assigned